1. Staff member completes the Professional Development Request Form (form available on the website or in each building office)
2. The completed form is pre-approved by the building principal and forwarded to the Central Office with the appropriate documentation required attached to the request form.
3. PD request forms must be submitted to Central Office at least TWO WEEKS prior to the event.
4. The request is evaluated by the superintendent for FINAL approval.
5. If approved, Tina will register the staff member for the event and notify the staff member that the registration has been completed by email.
6. If the GISD is hosting the event, the staff member will be notified by email to register online and send the printed confirmation form to Tina at the Central Office.
7. If the request is denied, an email will be sent to the staff member and the building principal notifying them.
8. After the approval email is received, the staff member is responsible for securing a substitute teacher (with principal approval) if necessary, for the event date(s) and time(s).
9. Upon return from the professional development event, the staff member will complete the Professional Development Evaluation Form and return it to their building principal. (form available on the website or in each building office)
10. Staff members qualifying for the professional development stipend will complete the Professional Development Stipend Request Form in consultation with their building principal. (form available on the website or in each building office) The building principal will be responsible for the validation of the implementation plan and requisition payroll for the stipend payment two weeks before the end of the school semester.